Do you dream of reaching readers worldwide with your stories? With Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), many authors can do just that! Amazon offers you a self-publishing platform to publish and sell your story as a print book or eBook.
In this blog post, we will introduce you to the advantages and disadvantages.
- Publishing your book is free
- Amazon offers to print your books
- eBooks can be made available to readers worldwide
- Pre-designed templates for your book cover are provided by Amazon.
- You receive the ISBN from Amazon free of charge
- Amazon provides real-time reports of your book sales
- Amazon earns between 30 and 65% of your sales.
- A high quality of book printing is unfortunately never guaranteed
- Amazon can only print in four colours, which can make the printing price very high.
- Trial and author copies are subject to a charge
- Due to possible exclusivity rights, you cannot offer your book to other shops (to find out more look at the KDP Select details)
- If you also sign up for KDP Select, you can earn a lot of money via the Kindle lending library
- Authors can create a free author page through Amazon Author Central.
- Print On Demand is good for the environment as your book is not printed until an order is placed.