There are a lot of different ways to draw attention to your eBook – through reviews in online shops, press releases, or posts on social media. In this article we want to introduce another option that can be very helpful when promoting your eBook: Blogger Relations.
For already some time now the blogosphere has been taking a more and more important role when it comes to the decision process of purchasing a certain product. Take this chance for focused marketing on blogs.
Start early with the research process for fitting blogs that you want to contact, it would be best to do so already during the writing process.
It is very important to make sure that the blog writes about subjects that are connected with your eBook, adding to this insure that the target group of the blog corresponds with the one of your eBook.
However have in mind that contacting a blog that doesn’t only write about books can also be rewarding. In this case it is even more important to find out beforehand if the blogger could be interested in your eBook.
As soon as you have found a fitting blog, make sure to follow them on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to engage regular on the platforms through comments, likes or retweets. This will give you the opportunity to get to know the blog and in the ideal case give the blogger the opportunity to get to know you.
When it then comes to contacting the blogger after the release of your eBook you can believably insure that you are interested in the blog yourself and know a lot about the content. It is more likely that the blogger writes about you and your eBook if this is the case instead of a “mail shot” sent by somebody who only found the blog over google.
Advantages of Blogger Relations:
- Increases circulation and reach.
- Blogger who network well can serve as multipliers and increase the popularity of your eBook.
- The close connection of bloggers to social networks causes an even higher circulation of their content.
- Write your email with a friendship like approach, but keep in mind to still be respectful.
- Mention points that speak for your eBook and why it is suitable for the blog.
- Look for a direct contact person to reach out to, and approach them with their name. If a blog gets ran by more than one person make sure to contact the person that is responsible for your genre.
- Have in mind that you want something from the blogger but don’t chum up or be intrusive. That would not make a good impression.
- Make sure that your theme really is fitting for the blog.
- Offer to deliver all important information beforehand, this will save time during the researching process of the blogger.
- Only attach a reading sample to your first message, not the entire book.
- Especially if you find a blog very interesting have a look into the blogroll of it. This can be helpful when trying to find similar blogs.elpful when trying to find similar blogs.