The majority of Instagram photos are food pictures, selfies, and other images or videos of daily life edited with Instagram’s filters. Can you grow your readership using the popular photo app? The answer is YES! In the following article, we will give you a few tips on how to market your book successfully on Instagram.
It is good to post both private and book-related posts. Most of Instagram users use the platform as a time filler and are interested in the visual appearance of photos and details of other people’s life. That is why you should not be overly promotional. Instead, you should post persuading pics of daily life and sometimes add a descriptive text mentioning a new release or a discount action.
Instagram is so popular because it has something special! Users who follow you and like your content feel a connection with you. You can use this to your advantage, growing users’ interest in your book and get more readers.
Here are our tips for you:
- Get your readers involved when you are writing your book so to create more suspense.
- Post just few direct ads and include only few shop links. Nobody likes being advertised to!
- Include hashtags. They increase your ‘findability’ and help you reach more people.
- Interact with fans – follow them, like their pics, answer to their comments.
- Geo-tag your pics so they can be better found.
- Post regularly to hold your followers’ attention.
- Make sure that your feed looks good and appeals to Instagram users so to get more followers.
- Use Instagram’s filters and other image-editing apps to modify the appearance of your pictures so that your profile looks professional.
- Find out how to increase your post engagement by observing what other successful Instagram users do and at what time they post.
- Use Instagram to promote your blog, Facebook pages or Twitter account, and promote your Instagram profile on your social media!