Founded in 2006 in Sweden, Spotify, which now boasts over 30 million songs and more than 50 million subscribers, has become one of the major players in the digital music industry.
As an artist, you cannot do without Spotify. Just having a Spotify profile is not enough though. To promote your music on one of the most important streaming services worldwide, you need to dress up your artist profile. Read on and learn how make the most out of your Spotify profile.
1) You need to have a Spotify account to create your artist profile. You can register with your email address or Facebook.
2) Your profile and cover pics, just like your cover artwork, reflect your identity as an artist. Open your Spotify for Artists account and update your profile and header images.
3) Spotify and other streaming services do not manage bios and other information themselves – they take their content from the Rovi database. Here you can learn how to manage your artist information.
4) You should add your concert dates to your Spotify profile. If you have a Songkick profile, your tour dates will be automatically featured on your artist page. If you don’t have your concert dates on Songkick, you can add them using Tourbox.
5) You can use Spotify as a platform where to sell your merchandising. Merchandise listed with Merchbar automatically displays on your artist profile in Spotify.
6) To get a blue check mark on your profile, you no longer need to have 250 followers or to fill out a form. All you need is to get access to Spotify for Artists. Verification is now available for all artists.
Here you can get more information.