If you are thinking about writing your own blog or not, the answer is yes, you should!
Here Are a Few Good Reasons for Your Own Music Blog!
- Blogging allows you to interact with your fans, to promote your music and give your followers insight into your career as a musician and maybe even your private life.
- You should always promote your blog posts and share them on your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) so that you gain traffic on your website.
- With Google Analytics you can gain important information, for example which content generates the most traffic.
- Last but not least, you can improve your visibility and reach if you are present on several platforms (Spotify, iTunes, Wikipedia, etc.) resulting in getting a better ranking with Google. Also keep the basic SEO aspects in mind for your website.
If You Blog, Make Sure to Do It Right!
- Post on a regular basis (once or twice a week).
- Make your blog look visually appealing.
- Be authentic.
- Do not forget your fans! Try to interact with them.
But How Do You Even Start a Blog?
The most used CMS is definitely WordPress. You can choose between wordpress.org or wordpress.com. If you choose wordpress.org you have more freedom, since you can choose your own domain and theme to personalize everything on your own website. There are a few things you need to consider:
- clear structure and menu navigation
- high quality pictures
- contact page, where not only your fans, but even more important agencies can contact you