Print on demand… what exactly is that? When you publish a book the classic way, you have it produced in a certain number of copies and then gradually sell your copies. With the PoD method, it’s the other way round. You first sell your book and then have it produced. So you don’t have to pay in advance or have books in stock. Especially for self-publishers, “web to print” is a great way to get into the print book business. Because you can order your book both in the stationary book trade and online at Amazon, Thalia, Hugendubel, etc..
The advantages of the Print on Demand Tool
- Delivery bottlenecks can be bridged
- No storage costs
- Small editions from 1 copy on are possible
- Titles that are changed regularly can always be printed up-to-date
- Easy entry into the print business
- Top print quality “Made in Germany
- You don’t need a big publisher, you can simply self publish your book on your own
When you use our Print on Demand tool, your book will be listed in the VLB, Amazon, and bookstores. This gives the entire book trade in Germany, Austria and Switzerland access to your book. You benefit from our complete distribution network.
Costs of Print on Demand
You don’t have high printing costs in advance. The printing costs incurred will automatically be deducted from your income. You get 80% of the net proceeds, Feiyr gets 20%. The one-time publication fee per book title is 9.90€.
This is how it works…
1. Create a Feiyr account
2. Publish your eBook
3. Create a Print on Demand job
4. Confirm the price
5. Upload your print files
6. Your book will be published
Who actually determines the price? Does my book need an ISBN? Here you can find our FAQs about Print on Demand and everything about publishing!